Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Emboss it!


I made this card for my colleague who's birthday is today. I don't usually make colleagues a birthday card, but Debbie I consider more of a friend than a colleague. Anyway, this card was cased from a book I bought that gives huge amounts of tips and techniques. I made one almost just like it Saturday for a dear friend who just retired (early) but I didn't get a chance to get a picture of it first. That one I used Wild Wasabi CS and Certainly Celery ink and ribbon. I don't have a wide ribbon to match this More Mustard, but I do like this color a lot. A matching ribbon would be nice though. Oh, and I hammered the frame to give it a more distressed look. Not sure I would do that again though.
To make:
Ink stamp with Versamark and put randomely on your CS. Then emboss with clear embossing powder. Do the same thing on the tag. Then take a stipple brush and dab it on your ink pad and stipple all the flowers. Put the holes in the tag, thread the wire, place dimensionals on the back and put in place with the brad. Easy Peasy!

No comments: