Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Have your Cake and Eat it Too!


This stamp set has been a favorite of mine for so long, even if it is more time consuming to create something with it. Just something about a roly poly chef I love. It probably evokes some very fond memories I have of my Aunt Fuzzy (who was as roly poly as this chef) cooking tons of food whenever we'd visit. And, mostly Italian food too. She lived in a fabulous row house in downtown Richmond. And, if you know anything about those types of houses, you'd know they hold a somewhat magical appeal to a young child. The ceilings are wicked high and each and every room has a fire place. And, the windows are ginormous too. Oh, and can't forget the claw foot tub and of course, that one, door-always-closed-small-room you were not supposed to go into, but you always did. Thinking something secret was hidden in there, but only to find it was really just a storage room. But still, you let your mind create all sorts of things about it and it's history.
Anyway, I love the little embellishments on this card. Ming gave me those Saturday from her new stash she got from All That Scraps. I think I shall have to order some too.

No comments: