Friday, April 25, 2008

Frogs & Worms; What's in your pool?


I know not everyone has a pool, but I find that a lot of folks do. So Brian and I opened my pool last Saturday and to my surprise it wasn't too bad. But Sunday we realized that the filter multi valve had a crack in one of the threaders and part of the pump needed to be replaced as well. So, we had to shut down the filtering system. If you know me, you would know that this has me stressed big time as I fear not running the pump and filter for I just know algae will set in big time. I scrambled hard on Monday to find the parts and my local pool company (the one who installed the pool) lets me know it's going to be about $500 or more for them to get the parts and it won't be until next week that they will come in. THIS WILL NOT DO for me. So, luckily I find a pool place in Northern Virginia and am in luck; they have both and I can get them in a day and for a total of less than $300 including shipping. Yayhoo!! So yesterday, I decided to take the day off to try and rest and just feel better from all the major allergy and sinus symptoms I've been suffering with for the last couple of months. I gotta say Claritin D is the bomb so far. I am feeling much better. Anyway, what do you think arrived at my house? Yep, the parts needed for the pool. Well, I'm an ambitious type and just had to get these replaced immediately. And, low and behold, I did it! I was so proud of myself and so was Brian. He's in Vegas on business so I got input from him by phone. Anyway, my pool is looking so much better and I'm anxious about using it. I think I may splurge and get a solar cover. But living in the country brings frogs and worms to a pool. This poor guy drank way too much pool water and was sort of comatose when I took this picture. But, I wanted to show how big those dern frogs are sometimes. If they don't survive the jaunt into the pool I have a good time frog flinging I must say. I know, I'm bad. Oh, I did make some card fronts for my downline meeting tomorrow and will try to get that posted soon.

No comments: