Thursday, November 29, 2007

Trip-Grand Turk 12/22/04-12/29/04

Click to play Grand Turk 2004!
Slideshows, scrapbooks, and ecards | Powered by Smilebox
Make a slide show, scrapbook, or ecard

On December 26, 2003 I experienced a life changing event that pretty much devastated me and changed me in so many ways. It also made me realize that life was too short to continue living it the way I had been; suffocated and repressed. So I vowed that I would never be in the United States ever again on December 25. And, that I would travel to some place beautiful and tropical over the week of the holidays. So my first trip was to the island of Grand Turk which is part of Turks and Caicos Islands, 500 miles South East of Miami. Some place I'd longed to go since I was 17. I planned to make a dream come true after all those years. Actually, I planned to make many dreams come true with regard to seeing this huge, beautiful world. So I sent a broadcast email to my girlfriends and let them know what I'd planned and if anyone wanted to go they could, if not, I was going alone. I'd reserved my flight and a bed and breakfast, ocean front room in April 2004. No one took me up on the offer. Until I met Katie in May of 2004. I'd been talking about my trip and she inquired about it and told me to send her some information about it. So I did. And, I think in July she made her reservations to go too. It was without a doubt an awesome vacation and she and I have travelled each year over the holidays to some fabulous places. This year is our 4th trip; we're going to Costa Rica. Of course, now she and I each have puppies and it's hard to leave them, but I have someone who stays at my house with them the whole time and she will too this year, so it's a little easier. Actually Brian will be with the babies until he will join us on the 29th. Then my pet sitter will be there with them day and night for the last 4 nights, so that's not too bad. So these are a few pictures from the Grand Turk trip.

No comments: