Monday, July 21, 2008

Rikka's Friday Night Adventure!


What do you do with a Mini-Schnauzer who's missing her litter mate? You take her out Friday night to Lowe's! And, she loved it!! She just sits straight up and notices everything. It was a big night for her as Brian took her to visit Bella at the hospital and then on to McDonald's and Lowe's. Of course, she can't go into McDonald's though. But, the best news is that Bella came home Saturday and is doing so much better. Nothing like home for good healing. She napped a whole lot and ate better than she had in a week. You would too if you were eating chicken and rice. The doctor has restricted her activity for a month. So, the house was post-0p prepared before Brian and I left to get her. No jumping up on anything and absolutely no stairs or playing with her sister; which Rikka doesn't understand. I'm sleeping with the two of them in the guest bedroom on the mattress which now rests on the floor. Looks like I'm not having too many guests over for a while. Oh, well.....whatever it takes to get her 100% healthy. Oh, and Brian and I still can't figure out the item she swallowed.

Also, I think I'll be able to go to the SU Convention next week, so I did get to work on swaps yesterday while the two little ones slept on the comforter in the studio on the floor. They were so good. Brian fixed a wonderful dinner on the grill. And, later last night we three sat on the patio swing while Brian swam in the pool. All-in-all it was a good weekend! Hope it was for you too. And, it will be an even better week if the pet insurance I have will pay for the $3K+ vet bill I incurred. Still worth it if they don't though.

No comments: